Tuesday, February 9, 2010

MK Nature Center

Yesterday I headed out to the MK Nature Center. I'd never been there before, and I felt pretty important. Though it was actually closed, the intern took time to show me around and let me in to the gift shop. For those of you who haven't been there, it's a really great little place! Very peaceful and educational. There's also, apparently, a 6-foot fish of some kind in the pond. We were trying to spot it, but it's hard to peer through the murky waters.
The reason for my visit was their gracious offer of land for community gardens! Ideally they would love to see a vegetable garden there. It's a really nice spot, because it has water access, a gravel path, and a few trellises already in place. Gardeners would need to bring their own tools and don't have public access to the shed. I would love to find some committed people in the area who would love to grow a vegetable garden in 2010.
Obviously there are still some details to be worked out including liability waivers, etc. But please contact me if you or someone/some group you know would be interested in this area! I would love to see a garden flourish here, and get you in contact with the correct person. bparham@idahofoodbank.org, 208-336-9643 x 246

No comments:

Post a Comment