Monday, January 4, 2010

2009 far behind, 2010 large as life!

Well, that was a much-needed break, though I am finding it a little hard to get back in the swing of things this morning! Such is the trial of vacation-time...
I pulled into my driveway in Minnesota literally as the blizzard was starting. It was a fantastic welcome, but the freezing rain that followed froze the snow into a hard, unusuable rock. After the rain it snowed a little and I attempted to ski on the thin layer of powder... but alas, the fates were against me and I fell many a time. But the time I spent with family and friends made up for lost recreation time. It's always important (and wonderful!) to remember where you came from, because it made you who you are. I find that in the hustle and bustle I can sometimes lose sight of that.
I am also amazed at how incredibly relieved I am that it isn't 2009 anymore... and the feeling seems to be widespread. We can all breathe a collective sigh of relief that we are now in 2010. A new, clean, fresh gardening season awaits us, and I feel prepared to make it the best one I can.
I am in the process, with the help of my GIS/cartography volunteer, of finding available plots of land. This involves mapping church land and eventually putting an ad in the paper asking people if they have land they would like to donate.
I'm trying to write an ad for the paper today but my brain is still fuzzy from vacation mode... if I were a coffee drinker I would appeal to the caffeine gods. Since that is not the case, however, I may have to rely on some herbal tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment